VALLERIA LLC (DBA MARIANNE KNIGHTLY)
2. DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which includes your name and e-mail address, in order to subscribe to our newsletter, receive our content, comment on our blog, and/or purchase services or online products. There is also other personal data we may collect detailed herein.
We collect data from you directly when you fill out a form, purchase a product, or communicate with us via email or social media. We also collect data from you when you use our Website. We may collect personal data from third parties such as our payment processors, advertising networks, and/or analytics providers. Your data is stored in a secure platform. We use your personal data for processing as outlined below or a reasonably compatible purpose.
- Usage Data. We may process data about your use of our Website and services. This may include your IP address, browser type, time zone, operating system, geographical location, page views, website navigation paths, and frequency and/or pattern of your use of our website. This data is collected through our analytics tracking systems. This data is used to analyze the use of our Website, to deliver relevant content and advertising, to help screen for potential risk and fraud, and understand our users. The legal basis for processing is our legitimate interest, namely monitoring and improving our website, marketing, and services.
- Customer Data. We may process user data, such as name, email address, billing address, shipping address, telephone, credit card number, phone number, and other relevant data as related to purchases of our products and/or services. We process this data to supply products and/or services to you, as well as to market other relevant goods and services to you. The legal basis for processing is consent and your affirmative action to enter into such contract with us and/or the purchase and delivery of the contract between you and us. Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features. Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
- User Data. We may process personal information you provide us for the purpose of processing your purchase(s), subscribing to our email notifications, free content, and/or newsletters, as well as communication data that you send to us either through email, social media, or other posting and/or communication methods. We process this data for the purposes of fulfilling our order or providing order updates, communicating with you, to deliver relevant website content, and for the purposes of sending you marketing, content and/or emails. The legal basis for this process is consent or our legitimate interests, which is to grow our business and keep records which may be needed to pursue or defend a legal action.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
- Applicable Laws. We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
3. MARKETING AND ADVERTISING.
The above Data may be used to send you marketing communications about our business or products. The legal basis for this type of processing is either consent or our legitimate interests in growing our business. We may send you such communications if you requested it and/or if you agreed to receive such communications. You may opt-out of such communications at any time through the ‘unsubscribe’ button in each email or contacting us at info [at] marianneknightly.com.
Any of the above Data may be used to deliver advertisements to you, including Facebook Ads, Instagram, and/or other similar advertisements. We may also use such Data to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. The legal basis for this type of processing is our legitimate interest to grow our business through marketing and advertising.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of some targeted advertising via:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Additionally, California residents can view more details about the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) here: https://store.marianneknightly.com/pages/ccpa-opt-out.
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do share your information with trusted third parties who provide support in running this Website including any blog or newsletter, as well as those parties and services that help administer our business. Your data will never be shared with unrelated third parties. We may disclose your information to payment service providers, administrative and marketing providers, business advisors, or third parties if we sell or transfer parts of our Company. Third parties we share your data with will keep it secure and respect your privacy under the law and we take steps to ensure the companies we work with also comply with the GDPR.
5. ANTI-SPAM POLICY
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies and tracking signals using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Website may not work properly or at all. Our Site may not respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your browser. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use “log files” which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. We may also use “web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS.
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. We use Shopify to support personalized advertising with third-party services. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search
- protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about users for the purposes set out above:
Categories of Recipients
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
We have “sold” and “shared” (as those terms are defined in applicable law) personal information over the preceding 12 months for the purpose of engaging in advertising and marketing activities, as follows.
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
Business and marketing partners
Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased and shopping information
Business and marketing partners
Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data
Business and marketing partners
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our Site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
8. DATA SECURITY AND BREACH RESPONSE
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. We may allow access to your personal data to our employees, contractors, and service providers that need to know such data to perform necessary business services. Personal data will be kept confidential and employees and/or contractors will only have access to it when necessary. Secure password managers & platforms will be used to manage data access when possible.
Should there be a potential breach of personal data, we have procedures in place to respond. The breach will be identified, the scope will be determined, and we will make reports and/or notification if we are legally required to do so.
You acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. You agree to notify us for any breach of security or unauthorized use of your information.
We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
9. DATA RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil its collection purpose or to satisfy a legal or accounting purpose. In some cases, your data by be anonymized for research purposes and used indefinitely. If your data no longer meets any of the above criteria, personal data will be deleted or otherwise disposed of in a safe and secure manner.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your data may be transferred to other countries and by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence. If you are located in the European Union, we may store and share your personal data with companies located outside of the European Economic Area. We will always do our best to ensure security of your data. We aim to use US-based providers that are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. You may always request information on how and where your data is processed and stored.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
11. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not knowingly collect or solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). The Site is not intended for minors.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt out of Sale or Sharing or Targeted Advertising. You may have a right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be "targeted advertising", as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site. You can opt out using the methods described above for third party links, and via this form for Shopify.
- Right to Limit and/or Opt out of Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information if collected. If we ever collect sensitive personal information, you may have a right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to perform the Services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average individual.
- Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Appeal: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
We use Shopify's ad services such as Shopify Audiences to help personalize the advertising you see on third party websites. To restrict Shopify merchants that use these ad services from using your personal information for such services, visit https://privacy.shopify.com/en.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
14. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
15. OUR INFORMATION
This Website is owned and operated by:
VALLERIA LLC (DBA MARIANNE KNIGHTLY)
PO BOX 41082
Arlington, VA 22204
Last Updated: August 2023